That’s right move over Facebook because Pinterest is taking social media to a whole new level. Pinterest is a Free Social Media site that has taken all things social to pure profits for business owners.
When I first looked at Pinterest I was completely confused and could not see how Pinterest was going to help me with my marketing.
However I kept hearing great things about Pinterest so I decided that I wanted to be apart of the action.
After all as a smart business owner we’re always looking for cost effective ways to promote our business’. Last night I had the opprotuntiy to really dig into Pinterest and I want to share a few things that I learned and give you a idea of what you might be missing over on Pinterest.
Before we even get started if your already using Pinterest for your business make sure you follow me there and if your a blogger send me a message with your user ID and I will add you to the Pinners I recommend on Pinterest
If your unaware of what Pinterest is then let me fill you in:
Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.
Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
Ok so let’s look at some of the traffic stats for Pinterest because this is what completely blew my mind and opened my eyes to the fact that Pinterest is the place to be:
(I grabbed these 17 stats from prdaily.com and these stats are as of late February)
1. Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as two to three times as efficiently as Twitter was at a similar time in history.
2. Etsy is the top site in terms of “source domains.” (Source domains are the sites that content on Pinterest links to externally.) Google is second, followed by Flickr, Tumblr, and WeHeartit.com (via RJMetrics)
3. Pinterest accounts for 3.6 percent of referral traffic, while Twitter just barely edged ahead of the newcomer, accounting for 3.61 percent of referral traffic. In July 2011, Pinterest accounted for just 0.17 percent of referral traffic, proving the site’s blockbuster growth.
4. Pinterest has 10.4 million registered users (and growing).
5. According to AppData and Facebook, 97 percent of Pinterest users are women.
6. American users of the social network spend an average of one hour and 17 minutes on the site, well ahead of Twitter (36 minutes), LinkedIn (17 minutes), and Google+ (six minutes).
7. Top corporate Pinterest boards: Real Simple (34,517 followers), HGTV (17,824 followers), Nordstrom (9,886 followers), West Elm (11,547 followers), ModCloth (11,813 followers), Whole Foods (14,217 followers), Better Homes and Gardens (15,127 followers), Kate Spade (16,371 followers), Etsy (53,784 followers).
8. Estimated unique visitors to Pinterest.com increased by 429 percent from September to December 2011.
9. According to comScore, the average Pinterest user spends 98 minutes per month on the site, compared to 2.5 hours on Tumblr, and seven hours on Facebook.
10. Daily Pinterest users have increased by more than 145 percent since the beginning of 2012.
11. More than one-fifth of Facebook-connected users are on Pinterest daily (which represents more than 2,000,000 members). (via Mashable)
12. Top areas of the country for Pinterest users: East South Central (Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee) and West North Central (Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota).
13. The biggest demographic for Pinterest: Women ages 25 to 34.
14. Only 25 percent of Pinterest users have earned a bachelors or higher degree and the majority live off a household income of $25,000 to $75,000. (via Ignite)
15. In the U.K., the majority of Pinterest users are male (56 percent male vs. 44 percent female).
16. Top interests on Pinterest in the U.S.: crafts, gifts, hobbies/leisure, interior design, fashion designers/collections. (via Ragan.com)
17. Top interests on Pinterest in the U.K.: venture capital, blogging resources, crafts, Web stats/analytics, SEO/marketing. (via Ragan.com)
Wow so that’s a big mouthful of reasons you want your business on Pinterest.
I have been gathering information on Pinterest for the past month and am finally ready to start my marketing there. Even though I have been there for a few months i finally just learned how to create a pin board finally and I am gearing up to crack the code ASAP.
But just like anything when I come across something awesome for your business I just have to share. Watch the video below to learn how you can get started on Pinterest and believe me there will be more ways to market coming 🙂
So let’s take a look, Shall we?
Recommended resources for getting started on Pinterest:
Track your results – http://pinterest.com/source/yourdomainname.com/
Pinterest Goodies CLICK HERE
Power of Pinning for your Business CLICK HERE
Pin a Quote CLICK HERE
I have to tell you I am so excited about Pinterest more then I ever was about Facebook. How about you?
I hope your ready for massive success on Pinterest be sure to help your friends get a jump start on Pinterest as well by pinning, liking, tweeting, and digging this post!! Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated so be sure to share your heart below!
Here’s to your Pinning Success!!
Pinterest for Business
April Marie Tucker
April Marie went from being a Single Mom, BROKE Cocktail Server slaving away all night in high heels and a tu-tu in cold Chicago to with in a few months leaving that job and now working 15 to 20 hrs a week from the comfort of her laptop in beautiful SUNNY Florida. She now enjoys traveling the world, living at the beach, raising her 3 children and assisting others to doing the same. April Marie is a Online Marketer that specializes in the Artistry of Network Marketing. She prides herself on helping others that truly have the desire to change their circumstances through sharing much of her training for FREE on this blog but also personally mentoring and coaching people to the top! If you have questions or if you are seeking success online with your business you have certainly come to the right place. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.